Introduction and key features
OSTT-2 has been developed by Polish AGH University of Science and Technology.
The local module of the system accepts the frequency and time signals (10MHz and 1PPS) and transmits them via an optical fiber to the remote module. In contrary to standard two-way systems, our solution delivers stabilized and calibrated replica of source signals, thus may be described as a virtual atomic clock at the end of the fiber. Besides metrological applications, as clock comparisons, the system may be used for time and frequency distribution to the users not maintaining their own clocks.
Active delay stabilization
The unique features of the system are based on the concept of active compensation of variations of the fiber delay. The signal reaching the remote module is redirected backward to the local module and used for compensation of path delay fluctuations.
Calibration of the time transfer is based on round-trip delay measurement, which is performed locally at the transmitting side of the system. After installation and initial calibration, the input output delay is constant and there is no need for any further measurements or data exchange.
1) OSTT-2 consists of a local and remote module for time and frequency transfer,
2) Transfers 10 MHz signals (100MHz as an option), ADEV below 10-15 at 103 s averaging,
3) Transfers 1PPS signal (also 100PPS), phase synchronous with frequency signal, TDEV below 1 ps at 103 s averaging,
4) Operates bi-directionally on a single optical fiber in C band,
5) OSTT-2 is actively stabilized against fiber induced phase fluctuations; the phase correction range is 100 ns in standard version, and 1 μs for long distance version (option L),
6) As an option the system can be enriched with optical amplifiers OBA-2.
Download the full specification of OSTT-2
If you are a registered user you can download user's manual, tools or software upgrade
for OSTT-2 by clicking the button below.
You may be asked to sign in.